[Last modified: December 30, 2020]
What Information Do We Collect?
The information we collect in connection with your use of the Poper Blocker Product is mainly non-identifiable information, which may be made available or gathered via the user’s use of the Poper Blocker Product (“Non-Personal Information“). In other words, we are not aware of, and cannot determine the identity of the user from which the Non-Personal Information is collected.
We may also collect individually identifiable information, namely information that identifies an individual or may with reasonable effort be used to identify an individual (“Personal Information“) when you install or use the Poper Blocker Product. Personal Information will be processed by us (i) in the event it was voluntarily provided by you if and when you contact us, solely to communicate with you and provide you with the support you have requested; and (ii) with respect to online identifiers, solely to provide and improve the Poper Blocker Product and features, as further detailed below.
For clarification, we adhere to the data minimization principal, and thus, we have implemented applicable measures in order to anonymize or de-identify the data sets processed while you use the Poper Blocker Product, as further explained below. In addition, in accordance with the data minimization principal, we collect this data solely for the purpose of providing the features of the Poper Blocker Product (see the “How is the Data Used” paragraph below).
Please see below the types of information we process:
- Online Identifiers – when you access and use the Poper Blocker Product, we collect your Internet Protocol (IP) address, but we trim and hash it on a daily basis, so that it cannot be used to identify you or your device by reasonable means. In addition, we may assign a unique identifier (known as GUID), randomly generated by us. This unique ID may be considered Personal Information under applicable law, and we will treat it accordingly.
- Visited Webpages – when you access and use the Poper Blocker Product, we process the URLs of the webpages that you visit, but we filter and aggregate them, so that they cannot be used to identify you or your device, nor be associated with you in any manner, and, as such, they are transferred to our servers as Non Personal Information.
- User Agent & Technical Data – when you access and use the Poper Blocker Product, we collect a software component known as “user agent” that contains technical data related to the device and the browser you are using, and for example, the type of device, type of operating system, the date and time stamp and TabID.
- Contact Details – we will collect and process the contact details you voluntarily provide us (for example name and email address), in the event you contact us through any means of communication we make available. This data is considered Personal Information and we store it separately from the data gathered through the actual use of the Poper Blocker Product, as detailed above.
How is the Data Used?
We collect your information during your access to or use of the Poper Blocker Product as detailed above. We use that information to provide the Poper Blocker Product’s features and services, as well as to improve them.
In practice, in order to provide the Poper Blocker Product, we need to scan the webpages you browse. Meaning, we use the data collected from you, received by us following the filtering and hashing processes as detailed and specified above, and transmit it to our servers solely for the purpose of enabling the Poper Blocker Product and features, and to know when and where there is a popup to block!
How is the Data Shared?
We will not share any Personal Information collected from you with third parties, other than in the following limited circumstances: (i) to comply with our obligations under applicable laws; (ii) in the event necessary to detect and resolve security issues; (iii) in the event of a corporate transaction (e.g. sale of a substantial part of our business, merger, consolidation or asset sale); or (iv) with our service providers (operating under our instructions), who may need to access the information in connection with their services on our behalf, for the purpose of enabling and improving the Poper Blocker Product and features. These service providers may include our affiliated companies, and other third party providers such as Google Analytics (as detailed under the cookies section below).
Cookies and Third-Party Tools
The Poper Blocker Product includes the following third-party cookies:
these cookies are used to collect information about how users use our website, in order to improve it, as well assess performance of the content therein. These cookies enable us, for example, to assess the number of users who have viewed a certain webpage as well as their country of origin.
Please note that these third parties may use and store cookies on your device separately from the cookies used by the Poper Blocker Product, and may collect information about you, including Personal Information, subject to the privacy practices of these third parties.
You may disable cookies via your device or browser settings. Please review the following links in order to learn more about how you can disable cookies with respect to your particular browser: Google Chrome ; FireFox ; Internet Explorer ; Safari ; Edge ; Opera
Lawful Basis for Data Processing
The Personal Information you voluntarily provide if and when you contact us is processed based on our legitimate interest to provide customer support and retain the information if needed to protect our rights. Online identifiers, visited webpages and technical data are further processed based on our legitimate interests, as they are used solely to provide and improve the Poper Blocker Product and functionality.
Please note that, unless you instruct us otherwise, we retain the information we collect solely for as long as needed to provide the services described herein and to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements, according to our reasonable discretion.
You may opt out of the automatic data collection process described above by deselecting the checkbox next to the words “Enable Overlay Blocking” in the “Options” page of Poper Blocker Product.
Where provided under applicable law (for example if you are a resident of the EU or UK), and subject to applicable exceptions, you may have the right to ask us to delete Personal Information, to obtain a copy of your Personal Information that we process, the right to data portability, the right of data rectification, the right to object to processing based on our legitimate interests, the right to restriction of the processing, and the right to withdraw your consent.
In order to assert any of these rights, please contact our Data Protection Officer at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that we may request proof of identity, and we reserve the right to charge a fee where allowed by law, such as in circumstances where your request is excessive.
In addition, you may have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, subject to applicable law (as is the case in the European Union).
How do we safeguard your information?
We use security methods and encryptions when handling processing data (i.e., handle the user data securely, including transmitting it via modern cryptography), and we have implemented technical, physical and administrative security measures to protect your information, among others, the filtering and hashing methods we are using, in order to secure your data. We use AWS data servers to store the data we collect. For information regarding the data security measures offered by AWS, please see: https://aws.amazon.com/security/.
Transfers of your Personal Information will be made in accordance with applicable data protection laws. We will take the steps necessary to ensure that international transfers of Personal Information meet all requirements under applicable data protection laws. When Personal Information collected within the European Economic Area (“EEA“) is transferred outside the EEA (for example to AWS servers located in the US or among our affiliates), we will take the steps necessary to ensure that the transfer of such data provides sufficient safeguards, pursuant to standard contractual clauses approved by the European Union. You may exercise your rights, where applicable, to receive information on such transfer mechanism and contact our DPO at: email@example.com.
Children under 16 (or a younger age as applicable in the jurisdiction where you reside) are prohibited from using the Poper Blocker Product. In the event that we become aware that a user under the age of 16 has shared any information, we will discard such information. If you have any reason to believe that a child under the age of 16 has shared any information with us, please contact our Data Protection Officer at: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are under 18, please be sure to read this policy with your parents or legal guardians and ask questions about things you do not understand.
Rights of California Residents
California Consumer Privacy Act
This section applies only to California residents. It explains what types of Personal Information we collect, where we collect it from, the purposes for which we use it, and how and for what purposes we may share it. “Personal Information” as used in this section has the meaning ascribed to it in the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA“).
The CCPA grants California residents certain rights regarding Personal Information that is collected or maintained about them. These include:
- The right to know what Personal Information is collected about them by businesses and the right to request deletion of such Personal Information.
- The right to know whether such Personal Information is sold or disclosed to third parties, and to which third parties it is sold or disclosed.
- The right to opt out of the sale of Personal Information.
- The right to access Personal Information collected, used or disclosed about them in the preceding 12 months.
- The right to equal service and price, even if privacy rights are invoked.
Please note that the CCPA may, in exceptional circumstances, permit businesses to refuse to honor certain requests to exercise any of the above rights.
Collection, Use, and Sharing of Personal Information
In connection with your use of the Poper Blocker Product, the Company has collected the following categories of Personal Information in the past twelve (12) months:
- Personal Information provided through direct interactions with users (such as email, if you voluntarily contact us through any means of communications we make available) for the purpose of providing customer support.
- Identifiers, such as your IP address and unique user IDs. We collect this information directly from you or from your device when you install or use the Poper Blocker Product. However, your IP address is trimmed and hashed on a regular basis, so that it cannot be used to identify you.
- Internet or network information, such as webpages you have visited. However, as explained above, we filter this data so that it cannot be used to identify you.
The sections above entitled “What Information Do We Collect?” and “How is the Data Used?” explain in further detail the types of Personal Information that are collected and used, including with respect to California residents.
The Company collects Personal Information for the business purposes described above in the section entitled “How is the Data Used?” and the types of third parties to which Personal Information may be disclosed are set forth in the section entitled “How is the Data Shared?”
The Company does not sell Personal Information, as defined under the CCPA.
Exercising of Privacy Rights by California Residents
“Shine the Light” Law
Under California’s “Shine the Light” law, if you are a California resident and have an established business relationship with the Company, you have the right to request information regarding the disclosure of certain types of Personal Information to third parties for direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year. Such requests may be made no more than once per calendar year. If you wish to make such a request, please contact us at email@example.com.
How to contact us?